HPI is a privately-held, international consumer products company specializing in the design, marketing and manufacturing of high quality, innovative housewares products. The Company is a leading supplier to mass merchandise, home improvement and specialty retail channels of value-priced houseware items across three primary product categories: storage, garment care and home organization.
HPI is seeking immediate contract placement of four skilled maintenance mechanics in its plastic injection molding plant in Chicago located near Midway Airport. All positions will be converted to regular full-time, non-union employment after a trial period. HPI is seeking individuals of various skill levels including intermediate to advanced.
Reporting to the maintenance supervisor and maintenance manager, the maintenance technician will work closely with production and process supervisors and production leads to maintain performance and uptime of equipment while strongly adhering to and enforcing the Company’s safety culture.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on assigned production and physical plant equipment.
- Respond promptly to minimize downtime, troubleshoot and repair electric and hydraulic injection molding machines, robotic cells, mechanical rooms and auxiliary equipment.
- Meet or exceed departmental safety performance item goals.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Preferred 2 years experience as an injection molding mechanic
- Preferred 2 years experience with robotics and automation
- Ability to weld desirable
- Able to read mechanical blueprints, electrical schematics and hydraulic schematics
- High school diploma, formal training in electrical, mechanical and hydraulic is desirable.
- Must speak English, ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
Home Products International is an equal opportunity employer.